Monday, June 21, 2010

For the papa's

Here is a quote I found a few years ago that has always reminded me of my dad:

"[my dad] taught me all I needed to know about faith and
hard work by the simple eloquence of his example." -Mario Cuomo

for those of you who know my dad you will understand the truth of that statement. He is ever patient and kind, he is always doing things for others and making friends. I don't know how he does it but he never seems to have an unkind word about anybody. Those of you that know him, also know, he is a hard worker. He always had some project going, whether it was for our family or for someone else. He got me my first job mowing lawns and worked along side me over the years I did lawn mowing for work. My dad has faith not only in people but in our Savior. I know that is the reason he has the ability to be so forgiving and loving of others. He know what it's all about. I love you daddy.

Now for my husband- I think I have bragged about him quite a bit on this blog so if you don't know him very well you sure have probably read lots of good things. He is a wonderful dad though. He was worried about being a dad but he really does a wonderful job. He is so patient with Sophie and takes wonderful care of her. I love my husband so much.

Last year I had to make a picture slide show about Josh and I's families. It had to have a theme. My theme was good examples, because we both have wonderful examples in our families and have been raised very well. Here is that video. The writing in it is about things we learned in our class but I think the song and pictures explain it well.

1 comment:

  1. I just love your family and I really love that I know them well enough to feel the love that you speak of! Remember when power was out and your parents called our house when we just had baby Ethan, and all your parents wanted to say was that we were welcome to stay with them at anytime, that the wood stove was keeping the house warm and they could cook on it, too! Now that is love!!!
    a

    ReplyDelete

 
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker