Sunday, August 23, 2009

have I made you want some 7 year olds yet?

so a couple weeks ago was pretty funny and I wrote them down and then lost them, last week we were gone and had a sub and this week was kind of mellow but here are a few that I remember from recently

We were talking about how Christ loves and knows everyone in the entire world.
(a visitor): I wouldn't want to know everyone in the world because there are bad people in the world.
Brad: yeah- like Mexicans, all Mexicans are bad.
(are you aloud to say that Brad?)
Brennan: if everyone in the world came to your birthday party your house would get crushed.
Brad: This one time my house was like all the way full of old ladies and my mom made me serve them kabobs.

Here is Brad's take on being adopted- don't believe what he says because I know for a fact he was not adopted.
Brad: Can you go up front and tell them not to sing songs about families? They are making me sad. Because I was adopted and it makes me miss my real family. They died last year. My sisters names were Missy and Sarah.
Then he really started crying, actual tears.

Brad: I think I have lost all function of my body.
Me: Why don't you try standing up.
He yells "ow" and stumbles back to the ground
Josh: Do you need to go find your mom?
Brad: No it usually comes back in a few minutes.

Brennan: my back hurts from yesterday
Me: What did you do?
Brennan: my uncle got married

Today though, we decided Layne- who doesn't have many quote up is an emo kid, which is kida funny kinda sad, he's 8 and everyday it's like "I hate my life, why does it have to be this way? How come it has to be like this?"

But overall we have a pretty good class, just a few kids who sturggle but overall I like them.

2 comments:

  1. I love the kid who said he was adopted. Where do they get such things???? Locos. Good luck next week, keep the funny stuff coming. Man I wish I taught a class like that (though I don't know if I'd have the patience like you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you just had your 1 year anniversary. Time goes by so fast. Thanks for the comment on our blog and that talk was amazing. I kept copying and pasting parts of it into another document to remember- it was so applicable. I even called my mom while reading it and made her look at it too. Thanks for that! In a time when I don't always know who's I can trust, I definitely know we can trust what comes from the general authorities.

    ReplyDelete

 
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker