Monday, December 14, 2009

cooking

I don't know if it is the cold weather or my pregnancy hunger but lately I have been on a cooking kick- which doesn't happen much for me. I'm trying new recipes too, which is even more rare. But this last weekend I made:
1. peanut butter pancakes. They were good and easy but Josh and I like regular better.
2. Chocolate trifle (idk if that is the right name for it) this pic is not what I made, it is the example. I was going to put a picture of mine but I haven't uploaded camera pictures yet. Mine didn't look quite as good (I spilled half the pudding in the process) but it still turned out so good. And again, it was easier than I expected.
3. I made my grandma's french bread. Josh says it didn't taste like hers but it was still really good. We have only once piece left from yesterday.
4. Currently I am making cookies with a new recipe.

I hope that didn't bore all of you- but I am proud of my things because I don't think I am a very good cook but I have successfully made three new things this weekend. Now I should stop cooking because I am eating way way too much, Josh and I haven't shared any of it.

On just another note- Josh's mom gave us Portland in a box, which is like monopoly but with Portland places. She found it cheap at a 2nd hand store and thought of me. We opened it Sunday and it had never been played. We played and it was my first time getting all the way through a monopoly type game. I lost big time. But it was a lot of fun anyway.

1 comment:

  1. No new bride is a good cook. We all just learn over time with lots of failures, and a few successes we hang on to along the way. Eventually we find we are good cooks and forget our humble beginnings.
    a

    ReplyDelete

 
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker