Friday, February 5, 2010

Being Creative

The last few weeks I have been spending a little time in the afternoons working on a project. I can't say what it is because it is a Valentine's surprise for my dear husband. But I want to say how much I enjoy doing it. It's not very big and not very beautiful, it will probably only be seen my Josh and I, but the time creating something has really made me feel good. I thought about the talk Happiness, Your Heritage that was given a while ago to women. In it we are told that creating things, any thing is an important part of feeling fulfilled. Now, I will never be a very talented crafts person- I may never sew beautiful, intricate quilts, I may never keep thorough scrapbooks, I may never be an amazing cook. But I still like to create- whether with paper, fabric, food, or some other means. So if you have any ideas for simple projects, let me know. I'm going to try and be more creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker