Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baby Sophie!

Baby Sophie is here!
We went in the hospital in Rexburg 3 am. And spent all day in labor, the our little surprise baby came at 5:06 pm. Sophronia weighes 7lbs 2 oz and is 20 inches long. (Well we think on the inches, nobody really told us anything).
The next surprise was not as pleasant as finding out the gender. She was having trouble breathing when she came out and wasn't crying. They ended up taking her to Idaho Falls for a better NICU and Josh went with her, I waited impatiently to be released today.
Sophie has an infection in her lungs and mucus that is too thick to get out. But today they say she is doing better and things are looking good for her. We have been very blessed and so has she.
This was the first I saw of my baby, before they transfered her.
My view while they were getting her ready to go.Josh and Sophie when they got to Idaho Falls.

I made it there this afternoon.
Baby Sophie is the biggest baby in the NICU and they said that was good because she is stronger to fight the the infections and everything. So yay for good things.

11 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!! I hope you get to hold your little one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful! I hope she gets rid of those infections soon. We'll be praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful! Sorry for the traumatic surprise. Hopefully just a little time and growth are all she needs. We included you in our family prayer tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful. She is a fighter, like her mother. NICU's take such great care of our little ones that need them. I am sure this is all a daze to you, but it will get better. I love you sweet Emily. Call me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulation Emily! She is beautiful! She will be in your arms before you know it. Hang in there and call me if you want to talk NICU lingo. Your family will be in my prayers. Sending love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So precious. She's here!!! I'm so glad you are doing well and that sweet Sophie is in good hands. We'll keep you in our prayers. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so adorable! I am so happy we'll have a girl in the family, and we are so excited to meet her. Everything is going to be fine, she looks like a fighter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's just beautiful! I'm glad that your mom was able to be there to support you! Can't wait 'till she gets to go home in your arms. We're thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness that is a beautiful baby and a BIG HEAD!! Did you push her out? Or did you do it my easy way. hahahaha
    She is so gorgeous and already looks like both of you!
    Breathe deeply and remember things always seem scarier in the hospital. Breathe and remember:
    "Be still and know that I AM"
    And then when you have a second, let us know the history of her cute name!
    a

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's beautiful! It's always a shock when something happens, but it all works out. (I'm remembering when Connor was born.) I hope you are doing well and that we can talk when you've settled in. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emily and Josh,
    Congratulations!!!! She is adorable. You must be so relieved to finally have her here. Thank goodness for wonderful doctors and nurses that know what to do when these precious newborns have complications. I'm glad to hear you at least got to see her before they whisked her away. You are all three in our prayers.
    P.S. I LOVE her name. :)
    Love,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

 
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker