Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A little more personal

I've decided that my blog is boring, I need to be a little more personal and not just write about the big things Sophie does. If you don't know, although I think we are friendly and easy to approach, Josh and I are kind of private with our own matters. So here I go trying to be more open.

So the past few days have been overwhelmingly busy. I have been running like crazy from here to there with the disappointment from something weighing on my heart. Not that my days have been bad, on the contrary, I like busy, filled days, but I wondered if anybody was noticing the work I was doing or if I was getting anywhere.

Last night, really late, Sophie threw up. My sister-in-law who has been staying with us for a bit heard her cries and was nice enough to watch Sophie in the bathtub while I cleaned up the mess. I felt on the verge of tears for so many reasons, the stress of the day, worry for Sophie, and the grossness of what I was cleaning up.

Then I got the sweetest tender mercy, in my mind and in my heart came the phrase "you are doing the Lord's work." I recognized it from this video:

I needed that reminder that the Lord knows what I am doing. I am not alone and the things I am doing, even when hard, gross, or mundane is what I need to be doing in my life. Raising Sophie is the best thing I could be doing with my time.

I love Sophie and I love being a mother. I also want everyone to know how much I love Josh, what a good husband and father her is. Sophie calls him "darling dad" and loves him so much. He is the most attentive and loving father.

1 comment:

  1. I needed that reminder too! Sometimes it doesn't seem like what I am doing is making a difference. But it is.

    ReplyDelete

 
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker