Monday, October 22, 2012

The Perfect Love Song

Since we moved in our bedroom has looked like this:
(I thought for sure I had a picture, I guess I will just tell you, the walls had shiny striped wallpaper, it looked like wrapping paper Update (Jan 29, 2013): We found a picture with the wallpaper in the background, but that's as good as we could find for now)

It's been on my list for a while of things to do, finally I just started ripping the paper off, there was another layer of wallpaper below it, yay for me! Anyway, I had a few ideas in my head for what to do when it all came off, but the one that stuck to me was to have the lyrics of a love song handwritten on the wall behind out bed. Romantic, right?

The next trick was to pick a song. If I was to say Josh and I had a song it would be I'm yours by Jason Marz. 
If you don't know the song, or don't want to listen to it, I will tell you that although some/most of the lyrics are really cute and perfect, I really didn't need my wall to say "I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror, bending over backwards just to try and see it clearer." Because I think that would just be strange. 

Other songs that graced the idea list were:
  • "When You Say Nothing At All," by Alison Krauss or Adele- most of you probably know this song
  • "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson 

  • "Breathing" by Lifehouse
I am hanging on every word you say
and even if you don't want to speak tonight
that's alright, alright with me
'cause I want nothing more than to sit 
outside heaven's door and listen to you breathing
is where I want to be
  • "Stay Here Forever" by Jewel

There were a few other choices too, but those and the ones I listed all had at least one reason they wouldn't work- Josh didn't want country, or it is my parent's song and that would be weird, or it just didn't feel right. 

My sister-in-law was going to do the writing for me because she is super artistic and I knew would do a wonderful job and she was moving soon so I had to get on the ball about picking a song, finally I decided that because no song fit us perfectly I would just write him a love note to have written on the wall. 

Here's how it turned out (forgive me for the mess of our bedroom):

I am pretty happy how it turned out. Shout out to Kami for doing the painting for me. Some ladies at church heard about it and were impressed that Josh and I are still so in love to do something like this, but I plan to always stay that in love with him. 

What song would you guys put on your walls?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker