Monday, October 22, 2012

Am I a Free Spirit?

So the other night for some reason I was telling Josh about a couple sweatshirts that I had in high school that I was sad when they got lost, seriously though, I have no idea how this came up. Anyway, one of them was a pink sweatshirt that said 'free spirit' on it. It's not the same as the one in this picture but I'm just using it as an example. 

He asked me why I liked things that said things like free spirit on them. 

I thought about it for a moment. Was I a free spirit or did I just want to be one? I mean if my own husband doesn't think I am a free spirit then I guess it must not be true. 

I settled for the explanation that although I tend to do things more traditionally, like get married young and start a family, I don't want anybody to think I was doing them just because it was expected, I always do things because I want to, not because I am told to or expected to. In my mind that makes me a free spirit. 

Josh said that it was just being a punk. 
I think we agree to disagree on that one. 

1 comment:

  1. I vote yes! You always follow your heart, regardless of what other people think. I count that as being free spirited, regardless of if some people say doing things like getting married and having a baby "tie you down." I think being free spirited is more about feeling free to do exactly what you want, no matter what that is, than living a specific life style.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

 
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker